Saturday, August 22, 2009

loves the bite-sized

Okay so I don't know when my infatuation with bite-sized food started but I'm being led to believe that it's outta control! I no longer buy whole sliced bread, instead I opt for mini ciabatta, foccaccia, hawaiian, or brioche rolls when it comes time to make some sandwiches. I don't like burgers but I LOVE a good slider. Scones are overwhelmingly sweet and heavy but when Starbucks has 3 mini vanilla scones for $1.95, I'm all over it! Its not like eating bite sized foods means eating any less because when served or prepared it's usually in the form of a trio, but I love it! Maybe it's the idea of loving appetizers or pre-meal "amous-bouche" if you will. I don't know but nevertheless, here are some of my recent discoveries that I just cannot do without!




Bistro 33 Kobe Beef Burger Sliders



Trader Joe's mini Stroopwafels. Chewy, sweet, and Delish..with a Capital D! My friend who lived in Amsterdam for sometime brought some back to the states and after the first bite I was instantly hooked! Perfect pairing with a cup o joe or bowl of ice cream. Yum!



Mini Quiches (assorted) from Costco. These come in an assortment from spinach to bacon and cheese and are just to DIE for! My parents are known to be Costco "whores" and have always served these up at all family holiday get togethers. Honestly, what can be better than bite-sized breakfast in a flaky crust!? Skip all the steps and go straight from freezer, to oven, to eat...with no bacon grease splatter residue on your new white shirt!



My new obsession can be summed in 5 words: Fage Greek Yogurt with Honey. Found @ Trader Joe's, of course! They come in a small serving size container attached to a smaller seperate container of honey. Okay, so I know that I could be the national spokesperson for this place but upon the first bite of this incredible find, I was in heaven! I was sitting in front of my computer at work totally in need of a pick-me-up when I decided to whip this out....I was so excited about how amazing this tasted that I got up and literally started doing jumping jacks while yelling "omg...I love this stuff!" over and over again! Seriously though, top it off with sliced banana, granola, or raisins and you are set for the rest of your mundane workday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers