Monday, January 18, 2010

Brussel Sprouts: you're my only friend!


Wow...what a simple, delicate, savory, mouthwatering, relatively healthy dish! I still can't get over how delicious these little balls of cabbage turned out! I think I would have honestly made peter rabbit or the Easter bunny very proud! The dang things are in season so I thought, eh, what the heck! I bought a nice bag of them and decided to follow my heart when making them. I chopped off the base of each one and peeled off the first layer of leaves. Then I boiled them in water until soft to the touch with a fork. I put them in a sautee pan with butter, ALOT of chopped garlic, and a little salt/pepper to taste and WALLAH! A magical, buttery, soft creation emerged from my sautee pan! Perfectly paired with a glass of Guwersthmeiner white wine and some rotisserie chicken and you've got a complete meal! Very easy and simple veggie dish to whip up on any week night after a looong day at work! I also heard that they are amazing paired with some chopped bacon as well! MMMM...my mouth is watering just thinking about it! But then again, in what situation is bacon NOT a welcome addition to a dish? I heard that it can even work on ice cream! Don't be afraid of the intimidating little cabbage balls and try it! Happy cooking!

always made with love,

Jas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers