Tuesday, January 12, 2010

the meatiest meatless salad you'll ever eat!


Ok. Now it is time for one of my most decadent, easiest, filling, yet super duper healthy signature salads. I'm almost a little afraid to blog about this one for fear all the ingredients in this tasty delight will vanish off the shelves at my local Trader Joes! Soon, my secret will be revealed! So you're probably wondering, "Meatiest meatless salad?..hm...", well well my friends, here it goes! It all started with a bottle of champagne dressing. Introduced to me by none other than my best friend Kym (must credit her for that!). I love adapting little things from my wonderful friends and making them into my own as much as possible. So here goes my meaty meatless salad...guaranteed to make your bellies and your heart smile. Best eaten after a hard session of hot yoga or long run. Enjoy and thank you for allowing me to share my passion with you...

Champagne Beet Salad:

All ingredients can be found at Trader Joes!

Freshly packaged beets (found in the refrigerated section @ TJ's next to the spring mix salad)
1-2 Avocados (depending on how much u love avocados)
1 Bag of Spring Mix Salad
1 Handful of Candied Pecans or Walnuts (found in the nut section of TJ's)
1 container of crumbled goat cheese 4 oz, (cheese section of TJ's, also very affordable here!)
4 Tblsp. of Girard's Champagne Vinagrette Dressing (Safeway, dressing aisle)

Slice beets and avocado to bite sized pieces,
Toss and mix together.
Use dressing sparingly, a little goes a long way!
Try to place a little of each ingredient on a fork for your first bite and notice how all the flavors, textures, and aromas meld together on your tongue so lovingly! Pecans offer a bit of crunch while the sharpness of the cheese and the meatiness of the avocado and beets create an orgasmic explosion on your tongue!
Eat, share, enjoy!

Perfect for a meal in itself or as a precursor to a wonderful pasta dish!

made with love, jas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers