Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wow...what a difference a month makes!



Hello everyone! It has been one crazy month as so much has happened! To start, I was recently laid off from my job but before you start to have pity, I must say it is a true blessing in disguise! The timing could not have been any better as I now have time and energy to devote all my time to Delish, a company I believe in full-heartedly.

I am currently collaborating with all my contacts in regards to Delish and going full force into establishing our name in the community and expanding! I'm making it a full-time effort and so far it seems that these efforts have been paying off! Our website is in the last stages of being complete and our good friends and family have been great referrals for hosting future events! Kim and I have been working our our business plan to identify our goals, vision, target market, costs, expenditures, profit margin, etc. All that business stuff is an absolute necessity as we cannot afford NOT to have all the research and business plan in place! We are also an official sponsor of the Sacramento Midtown Triathlon Club and have been catering monthly board meetings and other social events.

This month we are planning to film a commercial for our website, collaborate with a local comedy club to cater a benefit comedy show for a friend and donate sample tastings to local radio stations and community television stations for a few seconds of air time. Kim and I are also making efforts to continue learning new skills/techniques/recipes/flavors by enrolling in cooking classes at William Sonoma and Sac Foods Coop. As longs as we are business we will never stop learning, practicing, and perfecting new and old favorite recipes. I think my friends and family have finally gotten used to me snapping pictures of food prior to eating and tolerated my incessant inquiries about how the food tastes and how I could make it better.

Upcoming Catering Events Include:

March 6 Frank's 27th Birthday Bash
March 14 Post Shamrock'n Half Marathon Cocktail Party
March 20 Baby Birthday Party
March 27 Bridal Shower

In the works: Wedding, all girl's dessert party, grand opening of a local restaurant.

Kim and I will continue to blog weekly about all of our Delish kitchen experiences and hope that you will all stay tuned and keep us in mind the next time you or someone you know has an event that needs catering! Our philosophy will always be to provide healthy, organic, elegant, beautiful, locally grown, personalized, high-quality, homemade food and service that is delicious and made with love...

~Jas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers