Wednesday, July 14, 2010

DavePops: Another reason why I love local farmer's markets!




DavePops is a one man stand. A local inspiration. A food lover. A health nut. The creater of the most delicious summer treat I have ever encountered!

During my stroll through the park this afternoon, I decided to take another trip to the Wednesday afternoon farmer's market (that's 2 trips this week!). It was there that I encountered DavePops and his cute little popsicle stand. When I think of popsicles I think about how they are an iconic symbol of childhood. They leave your taste buds with a true feeling of nostaligia. From otter pops and push pops to twin pops and cream-sicles, for me, the memories of eating them, enjoying them, and letting them melt all over your play clothes are just as nostaligic as the Cabbage Patch Kids, New Kids on the Block, and Goonies.

When first approaching his cute little stand, I was immediately captured by the colorful rainbow umbrella above his freezer stand, Dave's long hair and great big mustache, and the huge smiles of people walking away and licking the sides of their newly acquired frozen treat. Dave himself was friendly, jubilant, and had an undeniable love and passion for his pops. All of his pops are handmade and organic. His DavePops were unbelieveably creamy and smooth in texture yet subltly sweet and succulent in taste. I had the lemon lime DavePop which was creamier than an ice cream sundae! I had to inquire about his secret and he responded with one word: Pectin. This is an all natural ingredient found in fruits like bananas. Hence the reason why the addition of frozen bananas make smooothies so smooth and creamy! All DavePops have simple wholesome ingredients that include whole fruit, soy milk or water based juices/pops, pectin, and sugar. A simple recipe for a simple and delicious treat!

He also developed LukePops, named after his nephew who recently developed Diabetes. All LukePops are sugar free and are instead made with splenda. So as you can see, he has made something for everybody!

So I tribute this blog to Dave of DavePops and thank you for treating me to the most delicious summer treat in Sacramento! I look forward to seeing you at future community events and markets and trying all of your flavors! Buon Appetit to a summer of fun, sun, & DavePops!

For more informaton click on this link to the DavePops website: www.davepops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers